St. Patricks Day is this Sunday. In celebration of this festive and loved day, we have gathered some interesting facts about the color green and stunning images that showcase the color. We also want to note that pantone actually chose emerald green (Pantone # 17-5641) as this years color of the year.
Interesting Facts About The Color Green
- Green is used world wide as the color of safety.
- In Japan, green is regarded as the color of eternal life.
- Green is the color used for night-vision goggles because the human eye is most sensitive to and able to discern the most shades of that color.
- Green ribbons have been used by a range of environmental groups to symbolize organ donation and transplant, awareness of Bipolar Disorder, solidarity with Chechnya, and support of farmers in America.
- The green belt in Judo is the symbol for green trees.
Brands Associated With The Color Green
- H&R Block
- Rolling Rock
- John Deere
If you’ve come across any great examples of green, than please share with us in the comments section.